Our home is the 1916 Brick Garage building which originally housed a Buick and Chevrolet dealer. The high tin ceiling, natural wood floor, old time stock shelves, antique displays, historic photos, and the heat from the old wood stove are a contrast with our up to date modern inventory. Name changes over the years have been from Levy's Mercantile to Eherenman's Mercantile, L & L Hardware and Plumbing, and finally Dunsmuir Hardware. The present storefront design was created by local artist Tom O'Hara in 1976 and reflects the town's railroad heritage, the Sacramento River canyon and its wildlife, and over 100 years of continuous operation. The 50ft wide mural has become a landmark in the town.