Founded by the town’s first mayor, our store began as a mercantile or general store across from the busy railroad yard. The business survived the terrible fires of 1903 and 1924 that nearly destroyed the town. It weathered the storm of the great depression of the 1930s and was a cornerstone of the town’s business district in the boom economy after World War Two. As the town grew, the business moved to the main business district which was then Highway 99. Only three families have owned the hardware store since its 1894 beginning; Alexander Levy’s family, Jacob Eherenman’s family – including his nephew, Jim Lockhart, and Ron and Pat McCloud’s family – the current owners.